The Library of Celsus at Ephesus
Ceiling of the Hagia SophiaThis was built about 530 AD.
It was the most important church in Christendom for almost 1000 years.
The library of Celsus at Ephesus.
Portico of the Library of Celsus at Ephesus.
Detail, the Library of Celsus at Ephesus
Scarves at the Grand Bazaar
Glass lamps at a restaurantHead of Medusa in the Basilica Cistern
This cistern was built in the 6th century to provide water to the palace above it.
John! Your photos of Turkey are amazing! I especially love that top one of the Hagia Sophia.
ReplyDeleteGeez--I can't believe we were all in Cancun at the same time and didn't meet up! That's what we get for not staying in better contact. Where did you stay? We were at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach. Oh, I didn't want to haul my canon to Mexico as we were attempting to travel light, so I took those photos (believe it or not) with a little panasonic lumix. It has a great lens and it is small, so it is definitely more convenient for travel.
Anyway, can I put a link to your photo blog on my blog? Your photos are awesome!
Absolutely cool.
ReplyDeleteThanks guys!
ReplyDeleteMer - of course you can put a link on your blog - any connection to that masterpiece can only flatter me!
aah so gorgeous. so jealous. would've sold my firstborn child to come!
ReplyDelete